Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Progress

I got a bit of sewing in this morning and I'm pleased with my progress. As I said yesterday, I'm not sure if I'm going to make one large quilt or two smaller ones , but I'm leaning towards making two. Because of that, I needed to have enough triangle fabric for all 64 blocks and this black mottled fabric is what I had.  I had enough white also, but thought about the fact that that would be A LOT of white fabric which is often nothing more than a dirt magnet for a toddlers' quilt.   :-)  

All of the 9 Patch blocks are made and half of them are at this stage.


I know enough about myself to know that I need to see progress so I've split the 64 - 9 Patch blocks in two groups of 32 each.


I'll trim them all tonight and should have enough time to sew the side triangles too.




Of course I had to complete one block!


I have the other 32 blocks ready to go.


And I'm still sewing the Disappearing 9 Patch blocks as leaders and enders.


I love progress and can't wait to start laying out the blocks.

No comments: