Monday, July 18, 2016

Christmas Blog Hop/Quilt -Along and Design Wall Monday

It's Day 5 of the
Christmas in July Blog Hop and Quilt-Along!

Sarah has done a wonderful job with this Quilt-Along and since I was a pattern tester for her, I can verify that, yes, you can have a large quilt top (76" x 76") by then end of the hop.
 
Jump over to Sarah's Confessions of a Fabric Addict and get sewing.
 
Besides the Quilt-Along, there are two bloggers featured every day and so far, everyone has provided fun and really neat ideas.
I post on the 23rd (Saturday) and I'm providing a quilt tutorial and giveaway. :-) 

Here's the entire list of bloggers.

July 14th:     Sharon Vrooman @ Vrooman’s Quilts
                    Carole Carter @ From My Caroline Home

July 15th:    Yanicka Hachez @ Finding Myself As An Artist
                   Chris Dodsley @ Made by ChrissieD

July 16th:     Marsha Hodgkins @ Quilter in Motion
                    Leanne Parsons  @ Devoted Quilter

July 17th:     Tonia Conner @ All Thingz Sewn
                    Selina @ Selina Quilts

July 18th:     Lara Buccella @ Buzzin Bumble
                    Soma Acharya @ Whims and Fancies

July 19th:     Joanne Harris@ Quilts by Joanne
                    Suzy Webster @ Adventurous Applique and Quilting

July 20th:     Vicki in MN @ Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
                    Jennifer Fulton @ The Inquiring Quilter

July 21st:     Michele Kuhns @ Crayon Box Quilt Studio
                    Jan Ochterbeck @ The Colorful Fabriholic

July 22nd:     Alla Blanca @ Rainbows. Bunnies. Cupcakes.
                     Zenia Rene @ A Quilted Passion

July 23rd:     Joanne Hubbard @ Everyone Deserves a Quilt
                    Paige Alexander @ Quilted Blooms

July 24th:     Carolyn Jones @ …by CJ
                    Tisha Nagel @ Quilty Therapy

July 25th:     Susan Arnold @ Quilt Fabrication
                    Beth Sellers @ Cooking Up Quilts
                    Linda Pearl @ One Quilting Circle

*******************************
It's also Monday so that means
it's time to show
what's on the Design Wall
 
I have a couple of things on which I'm working, including my
I had a productive weekend and four projects ready for quilting.
 
Don't get all excited over that.
They are not all big projects and I have taken time to sleep and eat.
 
I'm saving pictures of the final projects for the end of the month, but here are few teasers for you.
 
This is just plain fun!
It being made from "bonus" half square triangles from another Challenge project.
 
 
This is where the half square triangles in the project above originated. 

 
I like hexagons and log cabin blocks and I've married them in this project.
 
 
I love it when I can work on two projects at a time. I'm making quarter square blocks as a leader and ender. I'm not quite sure how I'll use them, but I know I will.
 
 
Yes! My machine was smoking this weekend!

 
Check out what other's have in their design walls today.
 
Go to Judy L's Patchwork Times
 
and
 

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks like you like to work on multiple projects at the same time. I do that also until I get confused and then I settle to one for a bit. I like that you are using leftover half square triangles. Good for you.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely quilt, and a fast design for a Christmas beauty. Your design wall quilt is going to be wonderful too.

Anonymous said...

Your machine REALLY was smoking this weekend. I like the fabrics for the star centers, too. i won't have any leftover HSTs because I make my flying geese points differently, but that would be a great way to use them!