Monday, June 27, 2016

Design Wall Monday

I'm seeing a trend here and I don't really like it. It appears that I have only been able to write up one post per week for quite a while. Well, hopefully this week changes that. Maybe not for good, but at least for one week I'm going to try very hard to post at least three times. Don't keep your fingers crossed though. It all may be nothing more than a pipe dream for me  :-)

But.... I do have something to share this week.

This is a quilt that I have in progress and I am loving it! I modified a pattern called Scrappy Strips from Allison over at Cluck, Cluck Sew

 
As usual, the picture does not do the quilt this justice, but it is full of bright and cheery fabrics. It's pretty much a stress-free and fool-proof project, which is just what I need about now. The quilt will measure about 49" x 63" and will not have a border.  
 
I wanted to work on something really fun while I worked on a couple of t-shirt quilts. Here's one that I delivered this past Thursday. I'm thrilled that the recipient liked it.
 
 
The young lady's favorite color purple so I was happy to see that it worked as the sashing and border with all of these shirts. I also used another purple fabric for the backing and she was really happy about that.  I love it when people really like their quilts!  :-)
 
What are you working on today?
 
Check out what other quilters have on their design walls today.
 
Go to Judy L's Patchwork Times
 
and
 
 


2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Can;t go wrong with a rail with scraps, especially fun and bright scraps. Lovely t-shirt quilt - we have been getting a lot of commissions for those, too (graduations).

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Joanne
First let me apologize to you. For a long time I have loved looking at quilts and have read your blog even though I have never myself made a quilt. I probably have never left a comment here. But now I am taking an on line class learning how to build blocks. I am so drawn to the quilts you stitch and wanted to let you know how much I appreciate that you continue to blog about them.
xx, Carol