Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tip Tuesday! Bleeding Fabric Info

"Tip Tuesday!" - Bleeding Fabric Info

I love learning new things and then sharing that knowledge with my quilting friends. So, every Tuesday I'll provide some tips, hints, tricks, tutorials, shortcuts, etc. that I've learned over the years and share them here on the blog. 

"Tip Tuesday" will be a collection of information about a wide variety of subjects garnered from a large variety of sources.  I am not an expert by any means and do not take credit for being the great wizard behind all of these hints and tips. I will gladly give due credit whenever possible.

These tips will be archived and accessible to you just by clicking on the "Tip Tuesday" tab above. 

Read, enjoy, and be inspired!
************************************************

There is very little that can compare to the horror in discovering that one of the fabrics you used in a quilt bleeds. It's a sickening feeling and one that I wouldn't wish on any quilter.

Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber has a very informative post about bleeding fabrics - especially hand dyes. I've read it a couple of times and know that I'll read it again in the future. 

Vicki has done a lot of testing and explains the results quite well. It's worth your time to take a gander.

Click HERE for a direct link to the Bleeding Quilt post

While you're at it, peruse the site. I know you'll love what you see.

Thanks Vicki!

No comments: