Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tip Tuesday! Sew4Home

"Tip Tuesday!" - Sew4Home

I love learning new things and then sharing that knowledge with my quilting friends. So, every Tuesday I'll provide some tips, hints, tricks, tutorials, shortcuts, etc. that I've learned over the years and share them here on the blog. 

"Tip Tuesday" will be a collection of information about a wide variety of subjects garnered from a large variety of sources.  I am not an expert by any means and do not take credit for being the great wizard behind all of these hints and tips. I will gladly give due credit whenever possible.

These tips will be archived and accessible to you just by clicking on the "Tip Tuesday" tab above. 

Read, enjoy, and be inspired! 

************************************************

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you don't know everything! As a matter of fact, it's pretty darn cool to not have to be responsible to know all the answers.  :-)

Every so often, I'll post a website or two that I find interesting or especially helpful, and today's site is Sew4Home

There is a ton of information on this site and today I'm going to provide all five of the links that deal with Quilt Basics. I have recommended this site to a number of new quilters. It has awesome pictures and things are explained quite well. Here's a quick rundown (and links) to the five parts of the Quilt Basics.

I really enjoyed reading part one! Besides a quick history of quilting (I love history and especially quilt history!), part one deals with the basic tools, notions, etc. that you need to start quilting.

http://www.sew4home.com/tips-resources/sewing-tips-tricks/quilt-basics-tools-notions-other-stuff-you-need-part-1-5


Part two deals with rotary cutting basics.

http://www.sew4home.com/tips-resources/sewing-tips-tricks/quilt-basics-rotary-cutting-trimming-part-2-5
 
Part three introduces basic block designs


Part four, which is divided into to Part A and Part B, deals with machine piecing blocks, including the 1/4" seam allowance, chain piecing, nesting seams, strip piecing, half square triangle construction, etc.



And finally, part five deals with quilting your project.


Enjoy!

No comments: