Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tip Tuesday! Sewing Room Organization

Welcome to
"Tip Tuesday!" - Sewing Room Organization


I love learning new things and then sharing that knowledge with my quilting friends. So, every Tuesday I'll provide some tips, hints, tricks, tutorials, shortcuts, etc. that I've learned over the years and share them here on the blog. 

"Tip Tuesday" will be a collection of information about a wide variety of subjects garnered from a large variety of sources.  I am not an expert by any means and do not take credit for being the great wizard behind all of these hints and tips. I will gladly give due credit whenever possible.

These tips will be archived and accessible to you just by clicking on the "Tip Tuesday" tab above. 

Read, enjoy, and be inspired! 

For a number of reasons, I have to reorganize my sewing space. 

I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time it scares the heck out of me. 

I'm kind of afraid to find some of the stuff that I just HAD to have and then forgot about them. 

I'm also a bit worried that I'll find duplicates. Have you ever done that? You buy something only to forget that you own it so you buy it again. Or worse, you buy it, can't find it when you need it and then HAVE to buy it again.

Ok, all of that is negative thinking so on to the positive side of this.

I'm excited to take some time to weed out what I can't or won't use anymore and pass them on to people who can or will. That includes fabric, notions, books, patterns, etc. 

So, what does all this have to do with Tip Tuesday!

I've been searching the internet for ideas (as has my sister Ann), and I happened across a site that offers lots of pictures of various sewing rooms. This is really wonderful "eye candy," even if you don't have the need or desire to reorganize. I have seen lots of pictures that provide inspiration for other rooms as well. 

So, rather than reinvent the wheel, here's the link to the site. Thanks Carol, for taking the time to compile this list.

I'm looking forward to sharing some of my pictures soon.  

ENJOY!

http://www.younge.com/sewing%20rooms.htm

No comments: