Monday, May 26, 2014

Design Wall Monday

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted, but something had to give and the blog was the victim. 

I've spent the last couple of weeks teaching (both sub teaching and quilt teaching), catching up on work at home and for a couple of local quilt shops, preparing for an extensive guild program and also preparing for the latest Old Bags' Day Sew-In. (I'll post pictures of the guild program and Old Bags' Day soon.) So, posting to the blog had to take a back seat more often than not recently.

Despite my busy schedule, I do have something on my design wall. Jewel Box by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr of Modern Quilt Studio. 




I fell in love with this wall hanging when I first saw it in Modern Quilts Illustrated #8. I was thrilled when the owners at M & E Quilt Shoppe asked if I wanted to make one.  :-)

I had one problem with the cutting (I didn't pay attention to the directional fabric placement), but that will be resolved tomorrow when I pick up a little bit of fabric to make the correction.

What's on your design wall? Why not share it with the rest of blogland via Judy L's Patchwork Times
Don't want to share? That's okay. Sit back, relax go to Judy L's Patchwork Times and enjoy the eye candy.

5 comments:

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

This is beautiful! Even when I pay attention to the direction of directional prints, I get it wrong LOL Can't wait to see it finished!

Barb in Mi said...

Yes, it's fabulous!

Ruth said...

Looks fab so far! I love transparency designs.

Kate said...

What a great visual! Nicely done!

Dar said...

I like that design. What fun to rummage through my scraps and try to duplicate the technique. Thanks for sharing.