Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Modern Quilt Guild Meeting

I just returned from my first meeting of the Cleveland Modern Quilt Guild

I had a really good time and met some very talented people who were not only friendly and inviting, but excited about what they do. After a show and tell segment, members shared their favorite quilting book(s) and passed them around for the rest of us to peruse and ponder a new purchase. I have to admit that I have a list going.  :-)

For the next month's meeting, we are going to be making improvisational pot holders. We can make one or one hundred and if we desire, we can swap. Doesn't that sound fun? I think I'm going to have to spend some time fondling some fabrics and get busy sewing.

We also discussed, and are going to finalize our very own block party. WooHoo! We're basically following the concept from this book:

 

Block Party: The Modern Quilting Bee - The Journey of 12 Women, 1 Blog, & 12 Improvisational Projects 


I think this will be really fun!

Thanks ladies! I had a good time.

By the way, it's been mentioned a couple of times now that I haven't updated my Quilt Gallery lately. I will do that very soon.I promise! It may be after I finish my Prairie Star, the Fish and Cat quilt, and the Little Black Dress quilt, but it will definitely be before I completely empty the Tub of Shame, which is actually two tubs.  :-)

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sounds like a fun time and fun group.

Gisela Towner said...

So glad you came! I think you are a wonderful addition to our group and it was so nice to meet you!! :D

Gisela