Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Irish Blessing


May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields 
and until we meet again, 
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

(traditional Gaelic blessing)

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

I'm not Irish, but here's the closest thing to an Irish Sitting Room that I have in my house.


I really like this quilt and it always makes me smile. I really should make a larger version of this.  :-)

Do you notice the little container on the child's desk? Speaking of the desk, it belonged to my grandparents and was in terrible condition when I got it but Jack fixed it and painted it for the grandkids, who use it often when they are here. Click HERE to see Sadie using (and loving) that desk.

Ok, back to the container on the desk. That is a little ceramic container that is filled with stones. There is something written on each stone and I love to sit and pick up a few and read the messages, which were written by my sisters and Mom during one of our sisters' weekends in Burr Oak. Doing this ALWAYS makes me feel close to my siblings and helps when I'm really missing mom.

The grandkids also LOVE playing with the stones and I posted about it HERE.

Enjoy your day, and be safe!

No comments: