Monday, July 8, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Technically this isn't on my wall, but on Denise's. I have the exact same pattern, fabric and pieces made so I'm saying that this is on my wall. In reality, my pieces are still in the bag they were put in to travel back to Ohio, but they will be up very shortly. (That means later today. I promised myself!)

Jack and I spent a few days in Tennessee visiting our friends Denise and Allan. Denise and I both worked on this Christmas Celebrations Tree Skirt that we bought when we were at the Judy Niemeyer workshop at Tennessee Quilts way back in April of 2012.  Isn't this going to be wonderful?

 
This is the fifth one of these that Denise has made. FIFTH!!! It really does go together easily and I'm already planning to make more so I guess I can understand making five. Neither one of us is going to use this as a tree skirt. We both wanted something for Fall and I think this is perfect. Judy Niemeyer picked out the fabrics for us while we were working on another project, so I am excited about that.
 
I'd love to say that I'll be working on this later today, but I doubt it. I have to finish preparing for the classes I have the next two days and get some things ready for our guild meeting Saturday. I wonder if I could go without sleep a few more days and get this done. mmmmmm  Food for thought!!
 
Check out what other quilters have on their design walls today.
Go to Judy L's Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is just wonderful!!

Sarah said...

I'm glad to hear this one goes together easily, I need to get fabrics picked out and start on one for a friend soon if I'm going to get it done for her for Christmas this year.