Thursday, December 6, 2012

Mom

I'll be back soon, but thought I'd share this poem that a friend sent me following the recent death of my mom (thanks Linda!).

Mother Is Always With You
Author Unknown
 
She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street.
She's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore.
She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well.
She's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day.
She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep; the colors of a rainbow.
She is Christmas morning.
Your mother lives inside your laughter, and she's crystallized in every teardrop.
A mother shows every emotion...happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy sorrow..., and all the while, hoping and praying you will only know the good feelings in life.
She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take.
She's your first love; your first friend, even your first enemy. Nothing on earth can separate you.
Not time, not space...not even death!


Carolyn Ann (McHale) Schwab
August 12, 1926 - December 1, 2012
 
One of my all-time favorite pictures of Mom!

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sorry for your loss - lovely poem.

Susan said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing the poem. It is true in so many ways.

Mary D. said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear mother, Joanne. No doubt she lives on in all of her children. My deepest condolences to you all.

Rachel said...

Joanne, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Rachel

Cindy Sharp said...

Oh my. So sorry. I know that there a no words to make everything better....but it will get better with time. Hang in there.