Friday, January 20, 2012

Third Place-Not Too Shabby!

Remember this post, when I said I was entering the Iron Quilter Contest put on by the Missouri Star Quilt Company? Well, they announced the winners this week and I won third place!! YEAH!!

Here's the quilt I entered.  According to the rules, we had to use at least one charm pack of Summer Breeze by Sentimental Studios for Moda Fabrics and anything else we wanted. For my quilt top, which measures 43" x 53", I used two charm packs and 1 3/4 yards of Kona Snow. That's it because I wanted simplicity. As soon as I saw the fabric, I knew I wanted to make this block because it reminded me of a trellis, but I was playing around with different layouts and border options. When I figured out a way to make the center blocks and the pinwheel border blocks at virtually the same time and with very little waste, I knew that's what I wanted to do. I really like how this turned out and I plan on tweaking it a bit and make another quilt, only larger. 


Here's a link to the top ten quilts. And here's a link to all the entries. There are some amazingly talented quilters out there!

Shot, I now have even more quilts to add to my "To Do" list!

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations and thank you for the link to look at all the eye candy.

quilary said...

Congratulations! That's a great result - there were a huge number of entries!

Mary (from Glacier Star class) said...

It is so pretty, Joanne, and you should be very proud of third place in that huge field! Congratulations! I love it!