Sunday, April 17, 2011

Stash Report - Week 16

I've been a busy beaver this past week, but I still wanted to get more done. Isn't that always the case? As a matter of fact, I didn't even touch my Glacier Star, but hopefully that will change tomorrow.

What I did get done includes 2 chenille rugs, 4 aprons, and 1 jelly roll quilt (pictures will come later). All of this helped take me past the 100 yards used for this year. YEAH!!!!! Now that isn't all stash, but that's ok. I've been using stash and I'm really happy with that progress. Plus ALL - 100% of the fabric that came into my stash this past week is earmarked for specific quilts and it should all be used by the end of the month. I love it when I can report fabric in and out within the same month. Don't you?

Kare and I were in Toledo most of Friday so no sewing got done then, but that's ok because I had a great time. We visited two quilt shops and I didn't buy any fabric. NONE!! Now I can't say the same for patterns. I bought four patterns that included Magic Tiles, Vernal Equinox, Shadowbox, and Town Square. I really like all of them and can't wait to make them!

Linda got here this afternoon and she finished up her log cabin blocks, using Kaffe Fassett's pattern. Like his quilt, she used lots of bright and busy fabrics and I really like how it's turned out. Linda has sewn before but she's never made a quilt and she started this two weekends ago when we were having our "Fiber Weekend." Well, she doesn't do anything small because this thing is 96" x 96"! All of the blocks are done and up on the design wall. I think she'll start sewing the blocks together tomorrow. WoooHoooo. Here's a picture (a crappy picture, but a picture). Pretty cool for a first quilt, isn't it?
Ok, back to the stash report:
Fabric Added This Week: 10.75 yards
Fabric Added to Date: 69.75 yards
Fabric Used This Week: 19.750yards
Fabric Used to Date: 114.125 yards
Net Fabric Used for 2011: 44.375 yards
UFOs Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 3
UFOs Still to Do: ???
New Quilts Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 6

Check out how other quilters are using their stash by going to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Your stash report looks great! I can't get over your friend's first quilt. It's beautiful! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!