Wednesday, August 4, 2010

She's here!!!

Sadie Jane was finally born Tuesday morning at 8:30. She weighed in at 8 lbs. 3 oz. and measured 21" long. She's a cutie! She's been hanging out at the NICU (neo-natal intensive care unit) since soon after birth because of a possible infection and the fact that she's having some trouble breathing, but she's progressing pretty well.

See, isn't she cute? I couldn't get a picture of Nikki, Zach, and Sadie because only two people are allowed in the NICU at a time so I guess I'll have to get that picture later. Nikki got a couple of really good pictures of Zach and Sadie, and I know that I Lynn got some really good pictures also. I can't wait to see all of them and also get one of Quinn with Sadie.

Right before we left Cincinnati today, I noticed the flooring in Nikki's room.

It reminded me of a quilt border. Of course I'd been walking on those floors since Monday and never noticed the pattern. Isn't it amazing what is right under our noses, I mean feet?

How about this? It was right over us on the way to Cincy.

While on Interstate 71 south between Mansfield and Columbus, we saw an ultra-lite plane. It was flying right over the highway and was pretty low. It was pretty cool, but I decided that if I ever flew one of these, I wouldn't be comfortable flying over a major highway so low.

Welcome to the world Sadie Jane! I know you'll be a beautiful addition to it. Like the ultra-lite above, I know you'll bring lots of color and joy to our lives!

No comments: