Friday, August 13, 2010

Perseids Meteor Shower

I feel like I'm back in college because it is almost 8:30 and we are just getting ready to go out for the evening. Jack and I are going to a Perseids Meteor Shower viewing party and of course that means that the party doesn't start until after dark. Of course I wanted to make something special for the event so I made salsa - I LOVE salsa - and a star cake.



Now, I know that it's hard to tell that the cake is a shooting star, but I tried. I don't think that the Cake Boss has anything to worry about and I'm really glad that I quilt much better than I decorate cakes. Then again, maybe I'm delusional about that as well. Do you notice the shower caps in the bottom of the picture? I thought it would be appropriate to have caps for everyone, after all, it is a shower. :-)

I think I should've taken a nap.

No comments: