Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stash Report - Weeks 25-28

This report includes weeks 25 through 28 so I don't feel so bad about the "fabric in" numbers, but I do wish there was more on the "fabric out" side - oh well....

I was introduced to English Paper Piecing recently and now I think I need to find a support group! I find it very relaxing and something I can do when I don't have binding to work on while I'm watching a ball game or TV in general. It's also portable so I have a little container packed and ready to take with me at a moment's notice. I LOVE my snapware containers! Have you tried them? I got mine when they were 50% off at JoAnn Fabrics.



Anyway, back to the report.... I showed the project to the owners of a local quilt shop while I was teaching a class and they liked it so I'm going to teach a class on the technique as soon as I make a sample. Of course that means I HAD to get fabric for that, as well as add to the reproduction fabric for my original project. Because I'm making a large bed quilt (probably an oversized queen) for myself and that will probably take me right up to my 80th birthday, I am making a smaller sample for the class. If you've never done English Paper Piecing, it's all hand-pieced. My husband reminded me of a hand quilting class we took in which someone brought in a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt that she had worked on for over 10 years. She was a flight attendant and worked on the pieces while she had layovers. Anyway, Jack reminded me that I said something like, "That is beautiful but you will NEVER see me make a quilt that is entirely hand-pieced and hand-quilted." I guess I should never say never. Also, don't you hate it when men remember things like that. He can't remember that we had plans to go out to dinner, but he can remember something from 12 years ago!

Ok, really I will go back to the report now! I made another Patriotic Rail Fence (thanks Mary for the wonderful pattern) in honor of July 4th and I'm continuing to work on a couple of memory quilts even though they don't use much stash.

Here's the report:

Fabric Used These 4 Weeks: 10.00 yards

Fabric Used to Date: 184.375 yards

Fabric Added This Week: 12.00 yards

Fabric Added to Date: 104.25 yards

Net Fabric Used for 2010: 80.125 yards

Check out the stash reports of other quilters at Judy L'.s Patchwork Times blog!

No comments: