Saturday, July 10, 2010

Has it been a month yet?

I knew that I hadn't posted in a while, but I didn't realize that it has almost been a month. I have been busy (some sewing, some not) so I kind of have an excuse. Right after my last post, I attended our annual sisters' weekend (Thursday thru Sunday), followed by three days of extended family time. As usual, we had a great time and we were fortunate to have NO RAIN until right as we were leaving.

I'm not going to bore you with details, but the last couple of weeks have pretty much been a blur of activities but I did take some time to quilt so I will have an updated stash report tomorrow and something to show on the design wall for Monday. YEAH!

I just got home from Relay for Life. Of course it rained yesterday during the early hours of the event, but it did clear up by early evening so it wasn't all bad weather. As usual, the luminary ceremony was very touching. After the candles were lit, a bag pipe player led the procession around the field and I don't know why but bag pipes ALWAYS get to me. It was really something! I didn't spend the night, but I did return this morning to help start taking down the tent and cleaning up the site before our guild meeting, which starts at 10:00.

I'll try to add some pictures later, but I won't promise anything. I do want to sew today, but realistically I don't think that will happen until tonight. (I am trying to be realistic, but it sure is difficult! :-)

No comments: