Sunday, July 18, 2010

Finally, the Pictures

I finally got a couple pictures of the two memory quilts that I finished this weekend.

Other than the borders, binding, and backing, this entire quilt is made from award ribbons that the young lady won while showing horses. As you can tell, the young lady won LOTS of ribbons!



This is actually a very large wall hanging (it will cover almost one entire wall of the young lady's bedroom) and I just couldn't get a good picture of the entire quilt but I think you get the idea. This was kind of a pain to make and the quilting was even more challenging. All of the ribbons are different shapes and sizes and some have lettering within 1/8th of an inch of the sides. Because there were so many ribbons and the young lady wanted them all included, we had to play with the layout quite a bit. In the end, the girl was pleased and I'm glad it's done.

This next quilt is the 4th memory quilt made using the clothing from a man that passed away last year. By the time I was asked to make this quilt, I didn't have very many large pieces left so I really had to think about what pattern to use. I was looking through my file of "must do quilts" when I saw a Heartstrings Quilt made by Mary and BOOM - it hit me that this was it!



I think this has become my new favorite pattern to use for memory quilts!

No comments: