Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stash Report - Week 18

I'm not done cleaning yet and NO it's not because it's that much of a mess. I started and then had to stop to run some errands. On Saturday afternoons, I visit with a woman for an hour or so as part of my volunteering for Stein Hospice. I get her something to eat, chat with her while she eats, help her check her sugar level, and do anything else that she might need done until the evening caretaker arrives. We had a wonderful visit and before we knew it almost two hours had passed!

I took food to Jack who was manning the library book sale and spend some time visiting with him and the other workers. I will admit that I did stick around for quite a while there because I was avoiding work, but I think they enjoyed my visit. Maybe it was my sparkling personality or maybe it was because I took them cookies! I didn't ask and have no intention of doing so. :-)

Anyway, when I finally got home and started cleaning again, inspiration struck and I took the time to sketch out a new border plan for my Thimbleberries Twister quilt. I had to check to make sure I had enough fabric for my new plan, (I didn't so I had to make ANOTHER change) and by that time, the game was on and I wanted to watch it. (Lynn was there, and like any good mom, I didn't want to miss it if she made it on TV!) I did do some cleaning during the inning changes but I WILL buckle down this afternoon and finish! (Unless something else comes up, like the game which started 15 minutes ago! I guess that I could turn on the radio or simply turn up the TV volume and only watch when I hear cheering.)

Maybe a picture of a CLEAN sewing room will come later (much later), but I'm not promising anything!!!

Here's this week's stash report:
Fabric Used This Week: 8.333 yards

Fabric Used to Date: 123.623 yards

Fabric Added This Week: 4.5 yards

Fabric Added to Date: 73.00 yards

Net Fabric Used for 2010: 50.623yards

Check out how the rest of the Stash Busters are doing on Judy L's Patchwork Times!

3 comments:

Donna said...

You're doing a great job busting stash this year! Love the cat panel you showed a while back. It's really fun.

Joanne said...

Thanks. I'm hoping to post the completely quilted and bound project very soon!

Lori said...

hehe--I wouldn't ask either if it was "me" or the "cookies"! As my husband says--"that's one of those TRICK questions!"