Monday, March 8, 2010

Design Wall Monday

I've been working on the guild retreat quilt so technically that's what's on my design wall.



In reality, I have a blank design wall!



As you can tell, I decided to use the black sashing with mini 4 patch units as the cornerstones. This continues the chain throughout the quilt and I'm playing with using them in the borders as well, just altered a bit.

I work late tonight so I'm not sure how much sewing will get done, but tomorrow is a no work day so that looks promising.

Speaking of design walls....My friend Kare and I gave homemade portable design walls to all of the retreat attendees. We cut 1/2" styrofoam insulation into 16" pieces and covered one side with batting. We hot glued the batting to the back side, so I have no fingerprints left---I'm just saying.... Anyway, here is a picture of one with one of my blocks on it.



You do realize that when it comes time to put the last row together, I'll be wondering why I'm short one block. DUHHHHH! I think I'll go take it off the design wall now and put it with the other blocks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the chain effect with the 4-patches.

Cathy said...

The black sashing was the perfect choice, as were the 4 patches to continue the chains. Looking forward to seeing it finished

Quilter Kathy said...

Very good idea for the small portable design wall.