Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Change Is Good

Ok, so I was going to add two more borders to the quilt that I posted yesterday but I changed my mind. I realized that I wasn't thrilled with the look of the additional borders because I thought that they were distracting attention from the center of the quilt. Besides, I really like the fabric that I was going to use for the large border and found another pattern that I wanted to use it in. Also, I realized that I was really only adding borders to make the quilt larger. I hadn't decided if we were going to keep this quilt or not and with the first two borders on, it was only 60" x 80". Well, I made my decision. This quilt will have a different home (not sure what yet, but I do have two options), and the size is perfect for both of the options. Here's the quilt, ready to layer, quilt and bind. Hopefully that will happen by the end of the week.




The decision-making process that I went through with this quilt was pretty funny. I was actually having a conversation with myself about this. (Not out loud, just in my head!) Anyway, I had to chuckle when I remembered something that Nikki and Lynn gave me for Christmas.


Even though I hadn't made a mistake, I plan to continue to live by this saying!



Here's the back side, and I like this saying just as much as the front.



Here's the quilt that I finished binding today. Do you notice that this quilt is the same pattern as the blue one? This one has bigger blocks, no borders, and a lot more contrast in the blocks. It's actually the same size as the blue one also (60" x 80").



I like this pattern and it's quick to throw together. I'll have to remember this when I need a quick gift!

No comments: