Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mistake or Design Change...You Decide

Well, I got a new iron and was happy as a clam as I finished adding the first border to my Freeze Frame quilts and finished piecing the 128 blocks for a quilt that I started about 3 years ago. I decided to hang the Freeze Frames on the design wall and have Jack and Lynn take a look at it and tell me how great they looked, etc. when it hit me! I had made a HUGE mistake.

Remember the other day when I said I couldn't decide which background should be black or white so I decided to make 2 quilts? Well.....on both quilts there is only one background color - all white or all black! I like the way they look, but they aren't the way they were supposed to be. I've decided to call this a design change instead of take them apart and admit to a mistake, but you do know what this means don't you? Now I have to make 2 more quilts following the original design because I still want to see how it looks with the black and white backgrounds in the same quilt!

I'll post pictures in the next day or so.

No comments: