Saturday, May 23, 2009

Plants, Fabric and Work Changes

I have been REALLY busy the last couple of weeks and today was no exception. Jack and got up this morning and went plant shopping. (Actually, we did a little bit of shopping at Mulberry Creek Herb Farm yesterday, but the bulk of our shopping was done today outside of Shiloh.) Now I know that many people (mostly the over-achievers) have already bought and planted everything for their garden, but we're a little slow sometimes. Actually, this is earlier than last year. We were so late last year that we had a hard time finding what we wanted. Anyway, I digress....

We picked up a couple of beautiful hanging plants along with our marigolds, petunias, sedum, pansies, tomatoes, peppers, dill, parsley, basil, etc. We also got a couple of horseradish plants to augment the patch we already have because we love fresh horseradish! By the time we were done shopping, we had a car-full. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow to post.

Since we were in the area, we stopped at the new home of Country Fabrics. This is the first time that I've been able to get there, and it is really nice. The building is an old barn and is much larger than their previous place. My friend Carolyn and her husband were at the shop so we got the chance for a brief visit. (We were all in a bit of a hurry since the trips were kind of spur of the moment.) I picked up a couple of fabrics that I'll use in the raffle quilt that I am making for my sister's school. I'd picked out fabric from my stash, but I knew that I didn't have enough for the border, so I got that and some background fabric. Now, when will I get to sewing that? I have no idea. I have to get my "you know what" in gear and finish the raffle quilt for the 3-Day!

After a quick lunch (grilled turkey burger and grilled asparagus - YUM!) Jack and I went back to Mulberry Creek to get a truck load of mulch so we could get started on planting. We got the flower boxes all planted and then I worked on getting the other areas cleaned up and ready for planting tomorrow. My goal is to have everything done tomorrow so I can sew on Monday since I don't have to work.

Speaking of work, Doug and Gretchen sold the Norwalk Club! I'm not sure exactly when and how that will affect me since I work in all 3 clubs, but I'm assuming that nothing will change for at least a month to give the new owners a chance to get organized and accustomed to the place. I've met the new owners and they are very nice. Even though change might be scary, it is often a good thing and I'm looking forward to the new adventure!

More on our progress tomorrow.....

No comments: