Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm Back

I was told by my friend Karen that I needed to post here, as it has been quite some time since I've written anything. Of course I always listen to Karen, so here is my post!!

As usual, things have been very busy here. Lynn and I had our second garage sale and that went pretty well. We also had a fundraiser Pampered Chef party and that was fun. The party was an ice cream social and we had about 20 people attend. We had over $1000 in sales and we get 15% of the total donated to our 3-Day fund. Yeah!! I also sold raffle quilt tickets at the Basket Festival and that was really good, so we've given our 3-Day fund a retty good boost lately.

Speaking of the 3-Day...we are less than 3 weeks away from the event. I am getting pretty excited, although my foot has been giving me some real problems. I guess I just have to "suck it up" and deal with the pain!

This past weekend, my niece Lisa (from the Dayton area) was visiting my sister Ann in Canal Fulton and she ended up delivering her baby early. Devon Michael was born Monday at 11:15 in the morning and he weighed 1 lb. 15 oz. It is amazing to see him. He is 14" long, but so tiny. He is hooked up to a ventilator and he has an IV going in to his belly. It is amzing to see him. The doctors have been doing lots of tests on him so at this point everything is pretty much a "wait and see" situation. I have faith in modern medicine and I'm sure in a couple of years you'd never know that he was born so early and small. Of course I've made a quilt for Devon. I have to hand stitch the binding to the back and I plan to finish that before work tomorrow. I'll post a picture soon.

Ok, it's 3:05AM and I'm getting tired. I'm off to bed for the night and I promise to try to post more frequently!

No comments: