Saturday, July 19, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Since I haven't posted since the garage sale, I'll start by telling you that Friday was an awesome sale date! Saturday left a lot to be desired because it rained for most of the time we were open, and Sunday was slow but not terrible. I was by myself Saturday and Lynn was by herself on Sunday because I was at the Milan Antique Festival selling quilt raffle tickets. Anyway, the next garage sale will take place at my ex-in-law's house in Berlin Hts. during the Basket Festival (the first weekend in August).

I've been pretty busy with work and getting some quilt orders done. Pictured is a memory quilt made from the clothing of a man who passed away last year. The fabric came from such clothing items as pants, jeans, sweaters, T-shirts, knit polo shirts, flannel shirts and shorts and a North Face hiking jacket. I like how the log cabin blocks went together on this quilt. I think that the pattern displays a good amount of fabric, yet isn't just one big square. The border is composed of various shirts and T-shirts that had logos that couldn't be cut down enough to fit into the log cabin block The new owner was pleased with the outcome, and that makes it all worthwhile.

Quinn was here earlier this week and as usual, picture taking was involved.


Jack and I took three of the kids that we tutor to Cleveland on Wednesday. We went to the Science Museum. That was a lot of fun and I think Jack and I had just as much fun as the kids!

Jack's daughter from Pennsylvania will be visiting this week. I'm not sure what the schedule is, but I think they will be with us Wedsnesday or Thursday through Saturday. It will be good to see them. I think the last time I saw them was in March at Aunt Ruth's birthday party. I was going to try to think of something special to do, but I doubt that'll be necessary. Sam has already asked Jack if he can learn to shoot the 22 and I'm sure Ian will want to practice shooting also. I guess that I'm learning to not plan too much, so I'm not disappointed if it doesn't happen.



No comments: